Nearly all the men in Lagos are Mad

My... I didn't say that 😅, it's actually the title of a best seller novel, "Nearly all the men in Lagos are mad" by Damilare Kuku.


The book is a compilation of short stories that center on the lives of Lagosians. It's fictional, but actually gives you a glance at the life of the average Lagosian.

Damilare brings life to her storytelling. I love her art of telling... every story is alive and I literally felt myself connect to every emotion-maybe not the heartbreak.

Though I already had a preconceived view of Lagos, seeing as I have never been to Lagos, lol,  this book changed my perspective. I have a couple of friends in Lagos who have read 'Nearly All the Men in Lagos are Mad', and say that they relate to the emotional rollercoaster contained in each story. And I'm like... "Really?"

I mean!!! These are people who have a steady relationship with me, and their lives don't even show an iota of the narrative of the book.

And actually it has made me realize how many more stories people aren't telling, about themselves, and about where they live...

 "eko ni ba je..." 





Click Home to read more stories

Click Subscribe for updates on our next post





Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I purchase a copy please? #PriinceBriightNation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Trending Posts