A CLOSED EYES IS A SYNONYM TO A BAKED SILENCE

I started crying and bleeding tears in my poem since 
when I lately realized in a chaotic silence that
anything that belongs to me begins to leave me. 
My voice is one of them. & any pen that always sings lullaby 
with me begins to be silent like a corpse inside a metal coffin.
My teacher's pen too.

 

Anything that had even once lived with me is no more breathing
again with me, my happiness too. & every time I marvelled about
these pitiful plights, the sun melts the sleeping neurons within my brain.


Now, I close my eyes tightly to see how silence

would but grow a canopy of leafed trees that will shade
my flowing tears. The moment I open my closed-eyes again
would be but a day that I'd give birth to a new soul-soothing rhymes.


© Yahuza Usman


ABOUT YAHUZA USMAN

Yahuza Usman, a certified Wikimedian, is a Nigerian poet, short-story writer, book reviewer, voracious reader, essayist and a member of the Hill-Top Creatives Art Foundation from Al-Mishkat Academy, Jalingo, Taraba State. 

He coauthored about 7 International anthologies. He has his works published by Al-Mir'aatuh Magazine, World Voices Magazine and elsewhere . He's the prose 2nd runner-up of WVM Online Contest, May edition. He was shortlisted among the 2022 Iconic Writers of India by Sparkling Cornexpress Media, India. Yahuza is also a Hafiz, typist, a graphic designer and a networker.



More info on other poets @Hall of Fame

DO YOU KNOW? You can also submit your works for publishing on iTell stories and everything beautiful— click here 

Home to view more trending posts
Subscribe for updates on our next post

Follow iTell stories and everything beautiful:

Facebook @iTell stories and everything beautiful
Instagram @nabaswrites
YouTube: Barnabas Ekpima

Comments

Post a Comment

Trending Posts