March Poetry Collection

iTell stories and everything beautiful receives poetry and short story submissions from several writers across African countries. 

Picture from Pinterest

The following entries were collated for the month of March, 2023

POEM I: MY FRIENDS
by Joel Oyeleke

were together for life
yet they only lived their
love inside of winks, blushes and butterflies fluttering wings of affection.

I learned that you can be 2 metres close
to your lover and yet
be too shy to love,
or even the world would be too quick 
to be against it.

Often the space between distant lovers
is that spark in the heart
that says; no matter what, love is our bond.


POEM II: 
by Daniel Jacinth

A long age Expired. When at last, we knew how little Would survive us—how little we had rebuilt Out of the huts of history’s shame Up from a past that’s grounded in pain I rise I'm a black ocean, leaping and broad, Welling and surging, I bear in the tide. Leaving behind nights of terror and fear I rise Into a wondrously clear light Bringing the blessings that my ancestors gave me, I am the intuition and the hope of the enslaved person.


POEM III: CAN I BE YOUR ADAM?
by Abdulrauf Oladije O. M

Believe me, my heart beats for you

At every bit of the talking clock

On ny love's wall and all it ticks is 

Your name, loudly that the deaf, I, can 

Hear with my ears & see with my blind heart.


All I want from you is not just a moment

Which keeps in bank, ephemeral enjoyment,

Rather, a home in your beautiful heart

Where I can shroud my shivering love.

Oh, the pretty Eve! Can i be your Adam?


ABOUT THE WRITERS
JOEL OYELEKE IFEOLUWA (W.C V), author of THE THEM IN ME (DIREWORDS 2022) is a budding poet, student, avid reader, literary enthusiast and writer from Osun state, Nigeria.

He keeps his poems simple yet deep and real. 

He has poems published on outlookIndia, poemify, ourpoetryarchive, yellowhouselibrary, poetryplanetbookpublishinghouse, ccaf.africa, 7th Chinua Achebe Essay/Poetry anthology, storymirror, artingarena, and elsewhere. 

He is currently a poetry Reader and Editor at ARTING ARENA Magazine.


OLADOSU DANIEL JACINTH is a poet, novelist, songwriter, musical artist, scriptwriter and ghostwriter. He has worked as a ghostwriter with different writing firms.

He's currently a ghostwriter at Premier Royal Writes, and also a music journalist.


ABDULRAUF OLAJIDE is a young poet from Nigeria. He writes about nature, love, pains, the evens and the odds in his country, Nigeria. His works have been published in world voices magazine and forthcoming elsewhere. He was the second runner-up of the WVM June Contest, 2022.


More info on these poets @Hall of Fame

DO YOU KNOW? You can also submit your works for publishing on iTell stories and everything beautiful— click here 

Home to view more trending posts
Subscribe for updates on our next post

Follow iTell stories and everything beautiful:

Facebook @iTell stories and everything beautiful
Instagram @nabaswrites
YouTube: Barnabas Ekpima




Comments

Trending Posts